Dear Jane® Signature Swap 2012
The Dear Jane® Siggie Swap, as it is known, takes place each year in the Spring. We are now taking sign-ups for the 2012 Siggie Swap. Sign-ups for the swap close at midnight April 6, 2012. All blocks are due May 1, 2012 midnight at Debbie Schultz's home. You may also bring them to Debbie in Shipshewana.
RULES for the Swap
1. You must be a member of the Dear Jane subscribers list at www.dearjane.com
2. The paper must be removed from paper-pieced, foundation pieced blocks before you send them to us. They will not be swapped with paper on them. Truthfully, there is really no need to paper piece this block if you follow the directions below.
3. Blocks must be sewn; pins are unacceptable.
4. Your center block must be cut 3.5 inches, and your blocks must be a minimum of 5 inches in order to be swapped. In other words, you may paper-piece, rotary cut and use any sized triangles on the corners. If your center square is larger than 3 inches finished, then the block can’t be trimmed to five inches and have the center square intact.
5. Please use only quilt shop quality fabrics. Use only
light colored cotton in the center or bleached or unbleached muslin.
Do not use white on white fabrics; the paint comes off and so will your
7. There should be no extra blocks, but if there are, they will be returned to the maker.
8. Do not trim your blocks before mailing them. The
person who receives them will trim them to 5 inches.
Directions for each block:
SEW and PRESS:
This block is very easy to chain piece. I like to do them ten at a time.
Swap Cost Summary:
Note: My internet banking does not want me to hold the money in limbo for two months. Therefore, you will be charged the week you sign up for the swap.
HOW MANY blocks do I make ? You will receive notification of sign-ups from now until April 3, 2011. On April 5 or before, you will be given a total number of blocks to make. Blocks will be swapped the week of May 1 and sent to you as soon as possible by Debbie Schultz.
WHERE DO I SEND MY FINISHED BLOCKS?
Send finished blocks to Debbie Schultz,
700 Chicago Avenue, Savannah, IL 61074
Debbie, thank you so much for agreeing to swap the blocks! It is a tremendous help for all of us!!
Last years' swap was a big success. We want it to be pleasant for everyone and to insure that
everyone receives blocks from all swappers. If you have a question about any of
these instructions, please call me 210-251-3453 or email me
firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be happy to help you in any way I can to have
good swap experience.