Let us remember that we are about friendship and love and sharing and Jane Stickle is our common bond.
1. Use DJ (Dear Jane related) or NDJ (not Dear Jane related) in the subject line.
2. Update the subject line to reflect the contents. Indicate LONG when appropriate.
3. When you are replying to a message, please only include the part of the original message that relates to your reply.
4. Reply to the individual (not hundreds of us) for congratulations, reporting completion of challenges, signing up for activities, birthday greetings, thank you notes and personal messages.
5. Avoid sending short messages like "You go girl!" "Ditto." "Me too!" and "Mel Gibson." to the whole list. Please send these privately.
6. Please share your tips about DJ block construction (hand piecing, paper piecing, redrawing, etc.), history, fabrics, books, magazines, web sites, etc. We really would also like to hear your story about your Jane Journey.
7. Please NEVER send an attachment or a chain letter to the whole list. When writing to the list, please avoid using stationery, since many e-mail programs are not compatible. Please use plain text unless you are writing to someone privately.
8. Please be willing to set a good example and to welcome new members privately.
9. Please do not send personal messages to the list.
10. Never flame anyone about anything. Period. This includes friend, foe and family.
11. Please do not forward mail from another source. If you believe it has contents appropriate for the Dear Jane list, just send the idea and suggestions to the list.
12. Please do not suggest any project that involves this list or its members without first consulting me. As the list owner I have the responsibility for almost 1700 persons here, and I must be certain the project is appropriate for all of us. I also do not want to have too many things going on at once. I usually agree to all requests, but I do want to be consulted.
13. Please remember that the list is primarily about Dear Jane and now Dear
Hannah quilting. It is not a forum for religion, politics or other
controversial subjects. If you wish to discuss such topics, ask for interested
persons to respond privately and set up a special group. Refrain from
14. If you have a business, you may advertise on the first day of the month.
15. Be considerate and kind when sending messages. Please do not post
problems or negative
16. Please copy these guidelines, keep them near your computer and read them periodically.
Before you hit SEND:
One: Is this really for the whole list, or just one or two people?
Two: Is the subject line correct?
Three: No attachments